We proudly welcome composers from any race to submit original works for consideration. While we intentionally seek to create greater access for BIPOC composers, we welcome submissions from composers of all ages, races, gender expressions, and nationalities.
Guidelines for Submissions to Canorous Music Publishing
- Composers may submit up to three works for consideration. We prefer that composers submit their three best works.
- Works must be original, not arrangements of another composer’s work.
- Works under 6 minutes in duration will be given priority consideration.
- Choral works may be scored for SATB, SAB/three part mixed, SA, TB choir, or solo voice with piano. (Divisi acceptable).
- Accessible works are encouraged.
- Texts must either be in the public domain or proof of permission granted to set the text must be included with the score. (A copy of a permission agreement or a written statement from the writer will suffice.)
- Arrangements of pre-existing works within the composer’s catalog are allowed so long as they adhere to the above requirements.
- Unless indicated otherwise, the material is not currently published or held under copyright. Please cite any additional writers or copyright holders directly on the scores.
- We are also interested in instrumental works scored for non-traditional ensembles.
Please include your complete contact information including an email. You will receive confirmation that we have received your submission only if an email is provided. The first review may take up to 60 days. You are free to withdraw your work from consideration at any time. If we are interested in your work, you will receive a letter of intent with details regarding copyright information and contracts.
At this time, we are only accepting electronic submissions. Your work should be in PDF, Finale, or Sibelius file format.